Fair trade is an alternative system of trade that looks to guarantee that products are made with fair labour, fair wages and in an environmentally sustainable manner.
At Fair Trade Edmonton, we mainly focus on the independent labelling organization, Fairtrade. Products with the Fairtrade logo are seen to have met a set of standards that are beneficial to the worker and producer. When a consumer sees this logo on a product they know they are supporting a more equitable system of trade that ultimately benefits all global citizens.
We are asking people to use their purchasing power to support a more equitable system of trade and truly become conscious consumers. Buy fair trade!
Articles related to Fair Trade
- Forbes: Consumer Demand for Food Justice Labels
- The Local Good: Edmonton Recognized as a Fairtrade City
- Fairtrade Canada: Designated Canadian Fair Trade Towns
- High Trust and Global Recognition makes Fairtrade an Enabler of Ethical Consumer Choice
- Wales made Fairtrade Pioneer
- Fair Enough?
- Rabble: Edmonton becomes 2nd largest Fair Trade Town in Canada
- Fairtrade Edmonton Designation Endorsement
- Edmonton Journal: Camino is a new chocolate brand that’s a taste treat, plus an organic, fair trade experience